Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013

rant

Modern communication is a blessing on the one hand and a nuisance on the other.
I admit that I like being on Facebook. I use it for various purposes, which include looking at other peoples profile pages, uploading pictures, updating my status and messaging - all of these are things, for which Facebook is intended. At the same time, I don't like how you can find out so much about one person, just by looking at their profile and their pictures, how you get loads of status updates from people you barely care about and how the messaging on Facebook affects your way of communicating with your friends.
If you are messaging on Facebook you can see if the person who you wrote your message to, has already read it or not. You see if the person has read it, and expect an answer, because you can see the small check mark next to the message.
Whenever you think about the answer you are still waiting for, you know how the person has already read your message and still hasn't answered. You start to ask yourself the most ridiculous questions like "What was wrong with my message?" or "Why is he/she not answering, even though he/she has read it 2 days ago?".
Being able to know, what other people are up to is really not an advantage all the time, because you will start wanting to know more and start asking questions about things that aren't even your business in the first place after a while, and this is not healthy and it intrudes the other ones privacy.
Why can't we just all go back to writing letters or calling people or just talking to them in person and arrange everything in person? I know that this would cause a lot of problems as well, but i really like the idea of not being depending on social media to have a nice and easy conversation with someone.

However i must admit, that i never had the guts to delete my Facebook account or stop communicating via social media. I think me and Facebook are in a love-hate relationship, that only I cling to.


I also seemed to start adding a gif to most of my posts - here is to new traditions!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen